We believe, there is no better place to call home than... "Shekinah Lakes."
What a blessing it is to just walk around the mile-long private road/walk way that circles the Shekinah Lakes property. What views! Over the hills, under the trees, and around the ponds and lake, while you are listening to the beautiful songs of the cardinal, the mockingbird, and the many other songbirds that make their homes at Shekinah Lakes.
For additional information:
Shekinah Lakes consists of 100 acres, three ponds, "private" lake and 15 homes.
At Shekinah Lakes you just won’t have just "anyone" living
If you have been searching for your place in the country... If you tired of apartments and crime... If you are you ready to "break free" and live in a place that is unlike any other... then you will be especially appreciative of what Shekinah Lakes offers to people who are serious about leaving the city behind and moving to the country.
We believe Shekinah Lakes has the best water in the world. All the well water is sweet. You will have to taste it to believe it.
- Accessible Parking
- One mile walk path
- Picnic area
- Personal mail box at our entrance
- Private entrance and road
- To maintain the integrity of the community, criminal, rental history and background checks are conducted on all applicants.
- Water $35 extra
- Trash Pick-up Included
- Mowing/weed eating available
Yards and grounds:
- Person to mow your lawn is available.
SHEKINAH LAKES HAS AN "UNLIMITED" SUPPLY OF "SWEET" WELL WATER. THERE ARE 7 WELLS ON THE 100 ACRES. ONE WELL PUMPS OVER ONE MILLION GALLONS IN 24 HOURS. WATER HAS BEEN TESTED - IT'S VERY GOOD WATER.
Tennessee is 10% below the national average for cost of living.
We have no income tax on salaries or wages in Tennessee. Residents of Tennessee pay absolutely no state taxes.
VIDEO FROM THE AIR
Are you ready to come "home" to the country???
FINALLY, A "GATED - AFFORDABLE" COMMUNITY...
Tennessee is has become one of the fastest growing states in the U.S., Although Tennessee is usually thought of as a tourist destination, now because of Tennessee's low cost of living and great health care benefits, people are flocking to our state.
Many people are leaving the cold climates behind in the north to enjoy Tennessee's mild climate. Others are leaving Florida's heat behind to enjoy Tennessee's four seasons. Californians are relocating to Tennessee to escape high taxes and politics that have gone awry.
Shekinah Lakes is one of Tennessee's great destinations. We are less than a two hour drive to the sights of Memphis and music in Nashville, as well as major medical centers. Shekinah Lakes offers a great sense of community for those who desire to exchange life in the city for "good old fashion" country living. It's the way American use to be...
Shekinah Lakes offers buyers the opportunity to live in a community where homes do not cost in the hundreds of thousands of dollars!!!
What about it? Is it time... for you to come home to Tennessee???
HUNTINGDON 12.1 miles
MILAN 15.9 miles
JACKSON 33.3 miles
JUST FOR THOSE OF YOU CONSIDERING MOVING HERE FROM OUT OF STATE
Tennessee is known for its great healthcare. People move to Tennessee just because of the famed Vanderbilt Medical Center at Vanderbilt University in Nashville. There are numerous hospitals in Tennesssee that provide good patient care. Active adults in Tennessee's retirement communities are nearby top healthcare options.
Alice and Carl Kirkland Cancer Center
Cardiothoracic Surgery Center
PLUS, West Tennessee Health Care offers 74 other health care services within driving distance of Shekinah Lakes (www.wth.org/). This provides those who live at Shekinah Lakes big city care, while experiencing country living.
This includes: Anesthesiology, Ayers Children’s Medical Center, Cardiology, Corporate Health and Wellness, Dermatology, Emergency Medicine, Endocrinology, Family Medicine, Gastroenterology, Gynecology, Home Health, Hospice, Hospitalists, Imaging Center, Inpatient Rehabilitation, Internal Medicine, Kirkland Cancer Center, Lab Services, Lift Health Urgent Care, Clinic, Lift Therapy Outpatient Rehabilitation, Lift Weight Management, Lift Wellness Center, , Medical Center EMS, Medical Products, Neonatal Intensive Care, Nephrology, Neurology, Neuroscience and Spine, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics, Outpatient Therapy, Palliative Care, Pathology, Pathways Behavioral Health Services, Podiatry, Pulmonology, Radiology, Rheumatology, Sleep Disorders Center, Sleep Medicine, Sports Plus Rehab Centers, Surgery Center, Surgical Services, Therapy and Learning Center, West Tennessee Healthcare Foundation, Women’s Health, Work Plus, Wound Management.
WEST TENNESSEE HEALTHCARE INCLUDES A NUMBER OF HOSPITALS.
For additional information:
WHEN THE FIRST OWNERS ARE IN PLACE, WE WILL ESTABLISH THE RULES FOR PEOPLE WHO LIVE IN OUR COMMUNITY
In order to maintain property values, we must have a few "rules" in place that are for the betterment of all homeowners. For instance, no junk refrigerators on porches, no junk cars left in front yards, no dogs running loose, grass must be cut and yards maintained (we have personnel that can do this for you), etc. In fact, we have a plumber we use as well as electrician, heating and air contractor, yards maintenance people, just about anyone you may need in the future, that you can contact, knowing any project will be done reasonable and right.
Shekinah Lakes will not be overbearing. However, neither do we want the community to go downhill. It is neat, beautiful and we intend to keep it that way. For many, we believe maintaining Shekinah Lakes as it is, is a dream come true. For others, it might be a hassle to have to keep things looking nice. For those folks, Shekinah Lakes is not for them.
The entire purpose of Shekinah Lakes Community is to maintain a higher quality of life for its homeowners. Someday there will be a fee that homeowners themselves set. Probably around $50 a month to maintain the roads and grounds that are on Shekinah Lakes.
There are special public areas that are for homeowners, as well as, a beautifulbuilding by the lake that can be used for special events.
If you have any questions concerning this, please contact us: email@example.com
TOP 10 REASONS FOR LIVING IN A GATED COMMUNITY
1) SAFETY - Gated communities shields the families who live there from burglary, theft of vehicle and other personal property, etc. No one can drive up into your driveway at night or park in front of your home that you do not know. Because a gated community is private, it is more difficult for strangers to access than a standard community
2) STOPS THIEVES AND VANDALS - A gated community is a greater deterrent to thieves and vandals. No one is able to just come by and case your home to come back when you are not at home. A security gate is enough to discourage and block theft since burglars prefer to go for easier targets. A gated property is also a psychological deterrent for would-be criminals. For instance: nearby Jackson has one of the highest crime rates in America (crime rate is 54 per one thousand residents). This means Jackson has one of the highest crime rates in America. One’s chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Jackson is one in 19. It is a very dangerous city to live in. Jackson has the dubious distinction of placing fourth in the nation, of similar size cities, in terms of both murders and violent crimes per 100,000. Memphis is the most violent city in Tennessee as well as one of the most violent places in the country to live. At Shekinah Lakes we do not rent to undesirable people, or those with criminal records. Although criminals are known to live in gated communities, at Shekinah Lakes we do not rent to them, because the safety of residents is determined also by those who live there.
3) PRIVACY – Solicitors are discouraged and blocked. They do not have access to come knocking on your door. This provides you with serenity so you are able to enjoy being at home.
4) STATUS – There is a certain distinction that just comes with living in a gating a community. Most celebrities will only live within a gated community.
5) LESS TRAFFIC - Since there is less traffic, it is quieter and more peaceful.
6) RELAXATION - There are those who have people coming over to their home anytime and this intrudes on their family time.
7) SLOWER VEHICLE SPEEDS - Vehicles that come into Shekinah Lakes must stop before entering. This helps remind residences to slow down before entering. This makes is safer for children and those walking around the property.
8) PRIVATE PROPERTY - Shekinah Lakes roads are private. The public cannot use the resources inside our property.
9) GREATER SENSE OF COMMUNITY - Because a gated community controls who comes in, tenants have a greater awareness of who belongs and who is a stranger. This can result in developing trust and enjoy familiarity with other tenants.
10) HOMES ARE WORTH MORE - Homes in a gated community are known to be worth $30,000 more than in a traditional neighborhood.
In most instances, gated communities are too expensive for a lot of folks to live there. However, living in a gated community is finally affordable... at Shekinah Lakes!!!TOP 10 REASONS TO LIVE IN A GATED COMMUNITY
Tenants at at Shekinah Lakes usually use Hughesnet or Exede satellite or just make a hot spot on their Verizon phone. To the left is a recent bandwidth signal reading (3 bars), from a Verizon cell phone hot spot on our property. As you can see, it is is 39 meg down and 13.8 up. With this high of speed you can utilize most anything on the internet, from movies to games. However, a fiber optic line is just down the road from us and as soon as the finances are available from the company to run the line further, we should have even better internet.