We believe, there is no better "value for your money" than... "Shekinah Lakes Resort."
What a blessing it is to just walk around the mile-long private road/walk way that circles the Shekinah Lakes property. What views! Over the hills, under the trees, and around the ponds and lake, while you are listening to the beautiful songs of the cardinal, the mockingbird, and the many other songbirds that make their homes at Shekinah Lakes.
Shekinah Lakes consists of 100 acres, three ponds, "private" lake and 15 homes.
If you have been searching for your place in the country...
YOU JUST FOUND IT!
If you tired of apartments and crime... If you are you ready to "break free" and live in a place that is unlike any other... then you will be especially appreciative of what Shekinah Lakes offers to retirees who are serious about leaving the city behind and moving to the country.
We believe Shekinah Lakes has the best water in the world. All the well water is so sweet. You will have to taste it to believe it. No filters are needed for Shekinah's water,
- Accessible Parking
- One mile walk path
- Picnic area
- Personal mail box at our entrance
- Private entrance and road
- To maintain the integrity of the community, criminal, rental history and background checks are conducted on all applicants.
- Water $35 extra
- Trash Pick-up Included
- Mowing/weed eating available
Yards and grounds:
- Person to mow your lawn is available.
SHEKINAH LAKES HAS AN "UNLIMITED" SUPPLY OF WATER. THERE ARE 7 WELLS ON THE 100 ACRES. ONE WELL ALONE, PUMPS OVER ONE MILLION GALLONS IN 24 HOURS. OUR WATER HAS BEEN TESTED AND IT'S VERY GOOD WATER.
Tennessee is 10% below the national average for cost of living.
We have no income tax on salaries or wages in Tennessee. Residents of Tennessee pay absolutely no state taxes.
VIDEO FROM THE AIR
Are you ready to come "home" to the country???
FINALLY, A "GATED - AFFORDABLE"
"50+" RETIREMENT COMMUNITY.
Tennessee is has become one of the fastest growing states in the U.S., Although Tennessee is usually thought of as a tourist destination, now because of Tennessee's low cost of living and great health care benefits, people are flocking to our state.
ADULTS 50+ ONLY
ARE WELCOME AT SHEKINAH LAKES!!!
(may still be working)
Many people are leaving the cold climates AND RIOTS behind to enjoy the peace and safety of living at Shekinah Lakes Resort.
We are less than a two hour drive to the sights of Memphis and music in Nashville, as well as major medical centers. Shekinah Lakes offers a great sense of community for those who desire to exchange life in the caoutic city for "good old fashion" country living. This like the way American use to be...
Shekinah Lakes offers renters the opportunity to live in a great place for a lot less rent, and buyers the opportunity to purchase a home from $20K up (when they are available).
What about it? Is it time... for you to come home to Tennessee???
HUNTINGDON 12.1 miles
MILAN 15.9 miles
JACKSON 33.3 miles
JUST FOR THOSE OF YOU CONSIDERING MOVING HERE FROM OUT OF STATE - Tennessee is known for its great healthcare. People move to Tennessee just because of the famed Vanderbilt Medical Center at Vanderbilt University in Nashville (2hr 4min 124mi). There are numerous hospitals in the surrounding area that provide good patient care.
Alice and Carl Kirkland Cancer Center
Cardiothoracic Surgery Center
PLUS, West Tennessee Health Care offers 74 other health care services within driving distance of Shekinah Lakes (www.wth.org/). This provides those who live at Shekinah Lakes big city care, while experiencing country living.
This includes: Anesthesiology, Ayers Children’s Medical Center, Cardiology, Corporate Health and Wellness, Dermatology, Emergency Medicine, Endocrinology, Family Medicine, Gastroenterology, Gynecology, Home Health, Hospice, Hospitalists, Imaging Center, Inpatient Rehabilitation, Internal Medicine, Kirkland Cancer Center, Lab Services, Lift Health Urgent Care, Clinic, Lift Therapy Outpatient Rehabilitation, Lift Weight Management, Lift Wellness Center, , Medical Center EMS, Medical Products, Neonatal Intensive Care, Nephrology, Neurology, Neuroscience and Spine, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics, Outpatient Therapy, Palliative Care, Pathology, Pathways Behavioral Health Services, Podiatry, Pulmonology, Radiology, Rheumatology, Sleep Disorders Center, Sleep Medicine, Sports Plus Rehab Centers, Surgery Center, Surgical Services, Therapy and Learning Center, West Tennessee Healthcare Foundation, Women’s Health, Work Plus, Wound Management.
WEST TENNESSEE HEALTHCARE INCLUDES A NUMBER OF HOSPITALS.
For additional information please fill out our rental inquiry
or give us a call! (469) 570-8522
TOP 10 REASONS FOR LIVING IN A GATED COMMUNITY
1) SAFETY - Gated communities shields those who live there from burglary, theft of vehicle and other personal property, etc. No one can drive up into your driveway at night or park in front of your home that you do not know. Because a gated community is private, it is more difficult for strangers to access than a standard community
2) STOPS THIEVES AND VANDALS - A gated community is a greater deterrent to thieves and vandals. No one is able to just come by and case your home to come back when you are not at home. A security gate is enough to discourage and block theft since burglars prefer to go for easier targets. A gated property is also a psychological deterrent for would-be criminals. For instance: nearby Jackson has one of the highest crime rates in America (crime rate is 54 per one thousand residents). This means Jackson has one of the highest crime rates in America. One’s chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Jackson is one in 19. It is a very dangerous city to live in. Jackson has the dubious distinction of placing fourth in the nation, of similar size cities, in terms of both murders and violent crimes per 100,000. Memphis is the most violent city in Tennessee as well as one of the most violent places in the country to live. At Shekinah Lakes we do not rent to undesirable people, or those with criminal records. Although criminals are known to live in gated communities, at Shekinah Lakes we do not rent to them, because the safety of residents is determined also by those who live there.
3) PRIVACY – Solicitors are discouraged and blocked. They do not have access to come knocking on your door. This provides you with serenity so you are able to enjoy being at home.
4) STATUS – There is a certain distinction that just comes with living in a gating a community. Most celebrities will only live within a gated community.
5) LESS TRAFFIC - Since there is less traffic, it is quieter and more peaceful.
6) RELAXATION - There are those who have people coming over to their home anytime and this intrudes on their family time.
7) SLOWER VEHICLE SPEEDS - Vehicles that come into Shekinah Lakes must stop before entering. This helps remind residences to slow down before entering. This makes is safer for children and those walking around the property.
8) PRIVATE PROPERTY - Shekinah Lakes roads are private. The public cannot use the resources inside our property.
9) GREATER SENSE OF COMMUNITY - Because a gated community controls who comes in, tenants have a greater awareness of who belongs and who is a stranger. This can result in developing trust and enjoy familiarity with other tenants.
10) HOMES ARE WORTH MORE - Homes in a gated community are known to be worth $30,000 more than in a traditional neighborhood.
In most instances, gated communities are too expensive for a lot of folks to live there. However, living in a gated community is finally affordable... at Shekinah Lakes!!!
3/29/21 GREAT NEWS SHEKINAH LAKES NOW HAS "FIBER OPTIC" INTERNET.
Fiber Optics is now on the property and is being installed "home by home."
We love living here at Shekinah Lakes at our “Refuge in the Country” away from the hectic atmosphere and noise of city life.
We have both lived and worked in some of the largest cities in the United States and abroad. We came to this little piece of heaven on earth and fell in love with the beautiful park like scenery and sounds of nature. After long days of working in the city, it is a peaceful refuge where we are surrounded by the beauty of nature. The gorgeous lakes are fully stocked where you may fish, or take peaceful walks around the 100 acres. You may even have a marvelous picnic right outside your front door.
If bird watching, photography or the simply enjoyment of nature, are things you relish, you will marvel at the many birds species and other wildlife that are all blended into the magnificent sunrises and sunsets overlooking the lakes.
Rose and David Ford are beyond a doubt two of the most gracious, warm and down to earth people we have ever met. They both possess the rare quality of true integrity.
It is a gift to be able to come home each day to such a beautiful place.
Mr. & Mrs. Robert C. Berkeley
As individuals who have chosen to purchase our next home at Shekinah Lakes. We feel that with the personal relationship that we have developed with David and Rose Ford, that we can wholeheartedly recommend them and the beautiful setting of Shekinah Lakes to you.
Richard and Elisabeth Parent
How About a Few Recommendations...
My husband and I have been paying the rent on a house we had never seen. We traveled 16 hours, not even knowing what to expect or see.
We arrived on a Monday night, only to be greeted by the Fords. Anyone would think we have known each other for years. David with his bubbly smile and Rose with her down home hospitality was amazing.
My husband and I were led by David to show us our home we had never seen.
It is so beautiful, three bedrooms and two bathrooms, one with a Jacuzzi, windows to die for, beautiful wood flooring, walk in mirror closets, extravagant kitchen, and a view like heaven.
The neighbors we met were the friendliest folks, even down to the mailman.
Anyone who visits or even rents, buys before moving or even seeing, will be very happy.
We thank you Rose and David for the wonderful experience that you have shown and given us.
IF YOU ARE"THE KIND" OF RENTER OR PURCHASER THAT COULD CALL SHEKINAH LAKES "HOME," THAN IT'S TIME TO TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT THIS AMAZING PROPERTY!!!
Here is what another renter did to the inside of their home.
This renter completely redone the inside, including purchasing the paint, lights, etc. And, they are not done yet, they plan to build a big deck on the back.
Do we expect you to do all this? No, but we do expect when you have finished renting, the home will be given back to us in better shape than it was when you rented it.
HAVE YOU READ THE FORD'S
"FREEDOM TIMES" NEWSPAPER???
OR LISTENED TO THE FORD'S PATRIOTIC RADIO STATION
PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE GOING ANY FURTHER
There is something I need to tell you. Our homes are not for everyone...
Our rental homes are NOT for those who:
1) live in a mess and don't care what things look like.
2) never vacuum their carpet and leave hairs all over it (we can't tell if they are animal or human hairs).
3) never clean OUR range and OUR oven and when they leave we can't get the crud off.
4) never clean OUR toilet bowl or the tub/shower (instead keep taking bathes in their previous filth).
5) no pride in the place they rent, what it looks like on the inside or outside. These kind of renters won't lift a "lazy finger to pull out a weed or cut the grass (we have someone who will do it for you for only $35 if you don't have a mower).
6) want to leave a junk refrigerator on their porch (or other messes) or a junk car in the front yard.
7) want to let their dogs run loose to bother their neighbors (on dogs must be contained).
8) get high punching holes in the wall (or are already high), and leave garbage everywhere when they leave.
9) have relatives visit them who cause damage or problems on property.
IF YOU DON'T CARE WHAT YOU LIVE IN AND WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE AND YOU ARE JUST LOOKING FOR "SHADE AND SHELTER"... THIS IS DEFINITELY NOT THE PLACE FOR YOU TO LIVE.
In order to maintain the "integrity" of this beautiful property, we must have a few "rules" in place that are for the betterment of all.
Shekinah Lakes will not be overbearing. However, neither will we allow the community to go downhill. Shekinah Lakes is neat, beautiful and we intend to keep it that way. For many, we believe living at Shekinah Lakes is a dream come true. For others, it might be to much exertion to keep things looking nice. For those folks, Shekinah Lakes is not for them.
The entire purpose of Shekinah Lakes community is to maintain a higher quality of life for those who live here.
There are special public areas you can enjoy, as well as, an event center by the lake that can be used for special events.
Here is a sample of one of our homes I took a picture of today.